Wednesday 31 October 2012

Typography

these are some attempts of creating the front cover title of Doo-Wop and hooligans. I tried to include the logo but that I found didn't work well. I also tried to change the first letter of the name so that it can become a iconic image that someone would remember.

The chosen typography I prefer is highlighted within a square. I combined my logo with the name to form letter mark. I thought this would be a good idea as it's simple and can also justify as another logo or icon which can be remembered.











Here is another experiment I attempted, I wanted to link the album name to the era of "Doo-wop".


Doo Wop was a type of music which was more or less rhythm and blues. This was formed in African American communities around 1940 which then hit the mainstream in the 50s and early 60s. This form of music was very common within those era.  Many famous cities like New York and Chicago were full of Doo Wop music.

I searched what typography was like back then, I then came across dinner lights. Dinners were popular places people used to hang out and outside, neon lights flashed bright so that the dinner would get the peoples attention. So, I thought about incorporating this this idea into the my front album title.  Although, there were some drawbacks to this, to make this typeface work, the background had to be darkened so that it would seem like a real neon sign. This caused a few problems with the colour of cover and the image that gave off. The background image was now darker which gave off a dark sad effect, this didn't fit in well with the music that Bruno Mars has.

No comments:

Post a Comment