Sunday 25 November 2012

What inspired me

What inspired me the most in this project is this picture that I found during my research stage.

This art piece was created by Nik Ainley who produces personal arts and commissioned illustrations . His work is mostly digital, which makes him a digital illustrator. He does a lot of work for magazine, books, album art and poster. Nik Ainley came to love the illustration world whilst studying for a physics degree. Once he had finished this degree, he then pursued the life of designing. He is based in London where he does all of this work using 2D and 3D software alongside learning new techniques for his benefits. He was a self taught artist as he learnt how to use the CAD software such as Adobe Photoshop and other 3D software this then developed the love for digital art. He works on typography and 2D/3D art. He has being designing and creating these art piece for about ten years. His work has been used all over the internet. For example www.digitalarts.com shows off his work and gives tutorials to the users which lead me to create my own type of 3D typography poster just like the one Nik Ainley created. The reason why I have chosen to analyse this piece is because I want to make a similar outcome for my final art piece. I like the techniques that Ainley has used which looks great and pops out to the audience.
This image doesn't really have a meaning. This image intended for a tutorial that would show users how to use the tool in certain software. Although, from the looks of it, the word create does link in with the effects and techniques used within this piece. The swirls that the letters create makes sense to use “CREATE” as the main text as in the typography itself is being created. It is growing.  The genre for this work is 3D art this mostly comes from the typography used along with the technique. Also it is an illustration art as it was intended for a company. The theme that is given off is more of piece and clam, the colour used portray this feeling and atmosphere. It gives off a warm feeling due to the pink with a white gradient. Adding to that, the background image also give off a warm feeling. The pattern used suits the 3D typography used and the colour used emphasizes this effect. The artist as I have said got the idea from using the tool in the software to build such techniques.
Well, within this, gradients and patter and textures have been used. The gradients are used for the front face of the text and the patters on the trail. He has used chequered pattern. This is work was made from Adobe Photoshop as the artist told. The way the artist uses colour in this works well together. For example the pink works well the light grey texture in the background. Also the faint green works well which brings out the letters.
Finally, I chose to analyse this piece of work because it caught my attention due to the technique used to illustrate the 3D outcome. I also liked the colours and textures and patterns used within his work. My first reaction when looking at this image was surprising, I have never seen this type of work, it was unique to me, it suddenly caught my eyes and I want my final outcome to catch peoples eye, make them look deeper into the image. Although, what I don't like about this image is that the swirls used to portray the letters is to much to my liking. This work has truly inspired me to create my own and develop this into my own style.
http://www.shinybinary.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment