Thursday 27 September 2012

Final Logo

A logo is vital element within a company or business. A logo represents the company, what the company is about. They are usually simple symbols. It's created for one purpose only, and that is to make people recognise the company or business with whatever products they are selling. For example, a very well known brand "Nike" is recognised by the iconic tick. Logos are there so that people acknowledge the company through they products they make
.

Here are similar logos that I created. one without any colour and one with blue filling.  I found making this logo to be challenging.
How I made it:
I drew a treble clef and scanned it. Then I used Adobe Illustrator to "live trace"  the scanned Treble Clef. This gave me black outline of the treble clef
Then  I used the pen tool to create the "M" beside the Treble Clef. I joined the two up into one which then lead me created the final design.
Then I opened the saved illustrator version in Adobe Illustrator and live pained the white parts with a dark blue.

What I think?
What I think of this logo is that it's simple, it is what a logo should be, a simple symbol. I think that it can be recognised by other and the design of it is elegant and sleek. It gives off a cool and relaxing atmosphere, the curves and swirls adds to that effect. 
The M stands for Mars, Bruno Mar's last name. I thought that using the" M "is more of a mystery as its not too cliche to use the last name's initial rather than the first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment