Wednesday 3 April 2013

Julia Potts inspired work Review and Refine



This is drawing of me. 

Here is a portrait drawing of with a hint of Julia Potts inspired style. I got inspired by Julia Pott's style so I used the self portrait and made some features like the nose and mouth and eyes seem more like Julia Potts work. 
Using these ideas were very effective I think, I made the portrait stand out even more, also made it look different to what you usually expect; something very detailed and precise. For this I wanted it to be very simple and clear which I think I have achieved. 

This after reviewing the Julia Potts self drawing I previously done, I looked back into my sketch book and saw this collage that I liked, so I tried to incorporate this idea into this new drawing. I think that it works well as there's a mix of media; hand drawn and digital collage. 
What I don't like about this is the drawing over powering the other collages materials in the background. I think it would look better if it were balanced out for example dropping the opacity down or having the items in front of the face so that it's not overpowering. 
This was the work that inspired me to develop my Julia Potts work. This work was inspired by Ciara Phelan 

No comments:

Post a Comment